Please join Monica and Steven for a Triple D L‘chaim: Dainty Delights, Drinks and Donuts. Friday 1 September after the service.
- To Tinashe Simwawa on the occasion of her Bat Mitzvah on Shabbat Shoftim.
- To Tinashe’s parents, Aldridge and Pamela Simwawa and her brother, Moshe.
- To Gavin Rogaly on winning the United Sisterhood fundraiser raffle of a cruise to the Portuguese Islands. Pictured right: Paulina, United Sisterhood’s long standing employee of 35 years drew the winning ticket. Thanks go to all who contributed to this fundraiser—your support is valued.
- If anyone has a steel cabinet they are not using and could donate to the us, we would also appreciate it. We would also appreciate receiving any bookshelves as we left our built in cupboards behind in the old school.
- Sincere thanks from Lesley Rosenberg and Molly Smith to everyone from Bet David who attended the SAJBD conference. It was wonderful to have so much support when we received the Rabbi Cyril and Ann Harris Human Rights Award for our contribution to democracy and social justice in South Africa. It is a credit to Bet David that the school has been operating on our premises for the past 30 years, beginning in the very dark days of apartheid. Thanks too, for all the messages of congratulations received – much appreciated.
- To Ruth Jordan for sponsoring the August birthday chocolates as well as for contributing towards the supper on Friday night in honour of Ruth’s August birthday as well as the birth of their granddaughter, Shoshana in Namibia.
- To Aldridge and Pamela Simwawa for sponsoring the brocha on Saturday in Tinashe’s honour.
- To Theresa Sobel for repairing the High Holy Day Torah covers.