Pesach is one of our most important festivals throughout the year, and we would love to have you with us. You’ll find below our Pesach schedule, a guide for keeping kosher during Pesach, and information on counting the Omer.
Chag Pesach Sameach
- Monday 10 April
* Erev Pesach Service (18:00)
(no children’s service)
- Tuesday 11 April
* Pesach morning service (10:00)
* Kids’ Club Service (10:00)
* Children’s Seder (12:45)
* Communal Seder (18:00) (Booking is closed)
- Friday 14 April:
*Chol HaMoed Pesach Shabbat Service (18:00)
*Kids’ Club Activities (18:00)
- Saturday 15 April
* NO Torah breakfast
*Youth Service & Activities (10:00)
- Sunday 16 April
* 7th Day Festival Evening Service (18:00 – at Bet David)
* Netzer Seder at Beit Emanuel* (19:00)
- Monday 17 April
* 7th Day Festival & Yizkor services at Beit Emanuel* (9:30)
- According to our Progressive minhag, we do not have an 8th Day of Pesach—Pesach ends therefore on 17.4. at 19:01.
* Beit Emanuel, 38 Oxford Road, Parktown
Kashrut for Pesach – A guide to keep kosher during Pesach, compiled by Rabbi Sa’ar Shaked.
Beginning with the second night of Pesach we count the Omer until we arrived in our calendar at Shavuot. To help you with the counting, we have prepared for you a leaflet with a calendar, the blessings and the numbers (see below, and available in the Shul). Traditionally the Omer is counted in the evening, after sunset.
Bet David Kehillah’s Omer Project
Counting of the Omer begins on Wednesday, 12 April for 50 days in support of Kehillah’s Feeding Schemes. Place your name and those of your loved ones on the list to donate one day’s food parcel for only R100 to Kehillah. Sign up on the sheet on the Shul door, or call the shul office. EFT to Bet David Sisterhood, Nedbank Sandton Account 1970476214, branch 197005.
Thank you for your great support!